Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spring time!

Dear flog,

I am truly sorry, as I have treated you poorly while attending to life's other demands. But I'm back, hoping for forgiveness, with some pictures and news.

I made my own pasta today, from Vegan Dad's recipe. Super duper easy, and doesn't require eggs. Just smash together all purpose flour, semolina flour, some olive oil, and water, and you're on your way.
Also, this week was the last winter farm share, and we got these absolutely darling strawberry popping corn cobs. So. Darling.
Lastly, we've planted our garden! In the back bed this year, we have potatoes, garlic, beets, and tomatoes (with their happy friends Nasturtium), although we haven't yet planted the tomatoes because the seedlings we planted have lagged behind a bit. They're still inside, but hopefully we'll put them in the ground soon. In the containers, we've got kale, lentils, and bush beans. Here's hoping for another productive season! (Pictures to come)

Lastly lastly, here's a completely non-flog-related picture of one cat sitting on another one. Precious.
Don't give up on me flog, I'll be better to you now, I promise!

<3 Dom.

1 comment:

Flightless Birds said...

both of those photos = darling.